Semi Commercial properties are treated by most lenders as Commercial properties. At Ravenwood, we have some specialist lenders that understand the risks in lending against such properties – true Semi Commercial Mortgages.
As a result, the terms and rates can be more favourable. Examples of semi-commercial are a shop with a flat above or a part pub part residential property.
A semi commercial mortgage would apply when refinancing or buying both properties – e.g. the shop and the flat. Experienced residential investors often diversify into part residential part commercial properties in search of yield and longer-term tenants.
If the tenant of the commercial part of the property has good accounts and appropriate lease, this can help the process of getting the mortgage, but this is not crucial by any means.
Interest Only Semi Commercial Mortgages
Even though much of the mortgage market has stopped doing interest-only mortgages, we have some lenders that can do interest only on some semi-commercial properties.
Semi Commercial Mortgage Lenders
As of winter 2014, Ravenwood has six lenders offering finance on semi-commercial property. Some of them are repayment only. Some of them will only go as far as 60% LTV (loan to value).
Title Separation and separate entrances
If your able to do some building work, so the residential part of the property has its independent access, it may be possible to get a solicitor to help you separate the titles. Then you could consider putting regular residential finance or Buy to Let funding on the private title part of the property (likely a leasehold property) and put a commercial mortgage on the commercial property. It could even pay to put more leverage in the residential leasehold property and leave the more challenging to finance commercial property unencumbered.
Part residential part commercial mortgage
This is what we specialise in! More examples of the property include but are not limited to:
- Public Houses with owner-occupied accommodation
- Care homes with owner accommodation
- Some agricultural properties
- Guesthouses and Hotels with landlord accommodation forming part of the B&B or Hotel
- Residential property with commercial units or workshops included on the same title
- Homes of multiple occupancies with a retail shop at street level and flats above a ground floor shop
- Residential property including Holiday Let annexe flat on the same title
In 2023 remortgages for bad credit are very common and complete in around five weeks, sometimes in less time than that.
- Oblix Low-Cost Bridging Loans
- Rbs Low-Cost Bridging Loans
- Auction Bridging Loan
- Quivira Quick Bridging Loans
- Santander Bridging Loan Example
- Mint Bridging Loans
- Masthaven Bridging
- Semi Commercial Property
- Amicus Asset Finance
- Santander Bridging Loans
- West One Second Mortgages
- Homeowner Loans For Poor Credit
- Blemain Secured Loans
- Precise Mortgages Bridge-To-Let Commercial Bridging
- Greenfields Capital Reviews
- No Proof Of Income Mortgage
- Bridging Finance Non-Status
- Tuscan Capital Bridging Loan Example
- Adverse Credit Mortgage Broker
- Ccj Discharged
- Coventry Building Society Equity Release
- Remortgage Best Buys
- 6 Times Income Mortgage
- Kuflink Bridging Loan
- Halifax Bank Loans
- Vida 2Nd Mortgage
- Getting A Mortgage On A Tier 2 Visa
- Halifax Borrow More
- Castle Trust Bank
- Precise Mortgage Second Charge
How much can I get?
You can borrow 70% of your home’s value. As an example, if your home is valued at £260000 you can release £182000.